Friday, March 13, 2009

oooh pretty!

We are very slowly, let me emphasize slowly, putting our little house together. Between both of us working all the time and very inconvenient break-ins, we don't feel like we've had a lot of time to devote to putting our stamp on 1049. But today, a light breaks in the clouds... We just ordered the best print from Bold and Noble to hang in our bedroom. Between this and getting our mattress off the floor and onto an actual bed frame, we're starting to feel like we actually live in this place.

For me, art always makes a room feel more complete. Growing up and in college, I had some posters on the wall, but never many and those I did have were of paintings or photographs I liked. I hated the impermanency of the brittle paper, held up with thumbtacks or tape. Buying actual, grown up art, even inexpensive prints, makes the house feel more cultivated. We deliberately chose this house over lots and lots of others so my philosophy in decorating the house is equally deliberate. This is the first home we've ever owned and there will never be another one like it, good or bad. 

1 comment:

Jennifer said...

Hi Sarah! Just flipping through your blog. It's so interesting. It's funny, Bryan and I were just talking tonight about public schools here and what we will eventually do for Cooper's education. It's a complicated issue. I've enjoyed reading your take on the neighborhood.

BTW- you take some great photos!

I'm looking forward to seeing you soon so we can chat. Next week, right?