Wednesday, October 17, 2007

planning

It has been a few days since I last posted, more than I feel comfortable with. I am, at all times, a planner and a perfectionist. This doesn't mean that I'm successful with all of my endeavors, and while we're being honest, my definition of success is pretty far-fetched. I do however, love to makes lists with occasional sketched renderings and attached magazine articles. This is all to say that I have lofty hopes for this blog and for myself.


I had originally planned, for a long time and in a very methodical manner, to make this blog mainly non-personal, information-based, dry and to the point. I quickly got bored; and if I'm bored, then you're probably bored. So, very early in the game, I'm going to glibly change the rules and not think twice about it.


zazucity will still be about Atlanta, about this city's struggles to find itself beneath miles of overly-widened streets, poorly-planned strip malls and the scattered, beautiful neighborhood and village oases. I am particularly interested in how urbanism and sustainability affects my life in a very detailed way, right down to the food I eat. So zazucity will explore the balance of growth in my city and my attempts at maintaining my own balance.


In the next couple of weeks, I'll try some different kinds of posts and I am foolishly welcoming any feedback you have to offer. You can leave comments on this site or reach me at zazucity[at]gmail[dot]com.

2 comments:

franke said...

blog! blog! blog!

franke said...
This comment has been removed by the author.